Adrienne Bieber McNeil
Adrienne Bieber McNeil is the founder and principal of ABM Intellectual Property.
Adrienne is a registered Canadian Patent Agent and a Registered US Patent Agent. Adrienne received the Marie Morency Memorial Prize for obtaining the highest mark nationally on the drafting portion of the Canadian Patent Agent Qualifying Examinations. Adrienne was also named as a "Rising Star" in the field of Patents in the 2017 issue of Expert Guides - Rising Stars.
Adrienne began her career working in-house in the intellectual property department of a large Canadian medical device manufacturer. She then spent a decade at a top-ranked Canadian Intellectual Property Law Firm. After working both in-house and in a law firm, Adrienne founded ABM Intellectual Property.
Adrienne has an undergraduate degree in Engineering Chemistry from Queen’s University, as well as a Master’s degree from McGill University. During her studies, Adrienne received the NSERC Undergraduate Student Research Award and the Dean's Scholar Award.
Adrienne has expertise in drafting and prosecuting patent applications in a variety of technologies, including:
- Medical devices, such as surgical tools and implants, drug delivery devices, and patient handling devices;
- Environmental science and cleantech, such as water treatment and membrane separation technologies, and flue gas treatment;
- Bio-industrial technology, such as biofuel production and bio-resource engineering;
- Food science, including food processing, and food packaging;
- Consumer products, such as toys;
- Agricultural technology; and
- Automotive technology, such as brake parts.
Adrienne also has expertise in drafting and prosecuting design patents, industrial designs and their worldwide counterparts.
Adrienne has extensive experience teaching patent drafting and prosecution, including on behalf of the Intellectual Property Institute of Canada. As a result of her achievements in the Canadian patent profession, Adrienne was appointed by the Commissioner of Patents to the Patent Agent Examination Board. Adrienne is also a member of the Intellectual Property Owners (IPO) Association’s Industrial Design Committee.
Outside of work, Adrienne spends most of her time chasing around her two young children. She also enjoys playing ultimate Frisbee, doing yoga, and cooking for friends and family.